Friday, August 10, 2012

Just Do It

Ahhhhhh- I'll admit that recently I've had to literally DRAG my butt out of bed to get on the treadmill so early in the morning. 4:45 comes early. I remind myself that I'm always happier that I've gotten up and done a few miles or did some resistance training- always! It's just sometimes a challenge to leave my nice cozy, warm bed, especially after a killer workout with the incredible Lori Harder and the Minneapolis Savage girls.
When I don't get a workout in I often feel like I'm the only one who has the times of having to push past the "dont' want to's" and imagine everyone else joyfully jumping out of bed with a grin on their tired face eager to get out and move.
Today I was pleasantly reminded that isn't the case. A few girlfriends posted on Facebook saying how much they appreciated reading others successes and struggles during their daily lives- of having days of not wanting to do a thing - to days marking a huge progress mark for them. I don't usually post about my fitness at all in fear that others will judge what I am (or am not) doing. It is a nice reminder that we are all human and we all struggle sometimes to get to where we want to be.
Seeing and reading what other women are achieving with their fitness goals is so inspiring! I'd like to be that inspiration for others since so many women do that for me everyday.
I'm afraid of people seeing my faults and weaknesses, but we can't get better, faster, stronger if we don't continue to grow and part of that process is realizing we are not perfect, we all have off meals, days, weeks!
So here's to embracing our "weaknesses" and turning them into new goals to conquer!

No comments:

Post a Comment