Friday, August 3, 2012

Breakfast on the "go"

Good morning!

Starting today by sharing some recent deliciousness with you!

For starters, the boys and I were sans daddy again last night which meant we could once again indulge my healthy tooth and load up a plateful of healthiness for dinner.

Little Man #1 and I enjoyed broccoli, quinoa with some freshly
picked tomatoes and lemon juice and grilled chicken.
(Later that night we snuck out and got him a small vanilla cone too...
which works well for me as I am the official drip catcher.)

I grilled several breasts to keep on hand in the fridge to eat throughout the weekend with salads too. Keeps me from having the excuse of not eating a great meal when we're crunched for time, as if having two little boys and a full schedule would ever put someone in a time crunch!




Today!
Everyday, seriously- everyday, I eat oatmeal with flaxmeal for breakfast and a banana with peanut butter for my mid-morning snack. It's filling, tasty and gives me some protein.
I used to be a Jif mom but I've moved on to the all-natural peanut butter and am so happy that I did. I'd never go back to the "other" stuff. I prefer the Archer Farms variety of nut butters for the taste, texture and price. It's still more than the highly processed butters, but it's worth it when you read the ingredients. Plus, after you've switched to the natural variety you won't go back- I promise. Eat this for a week or so and then try the old stuff- there's just no comparing- Real vs Not So Real.


Tonight is movie, pizza, popcorn night at our house. I'm planning on picking up ingredients for us all to make our own pizzas tonight. That way I can have my thin crust chicken pizza and the boys can have pepperoni and sausage.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment