Monday, August 6, 2012

Abs of Steel

Although I am a STRONG believer that you need to move your body and push yourself to see results...I am a STRONGER believer that what we put in our mouths can out do any work we put in. If you are truly committed to a healthy lifestyle, you need to eat clean 80-90% of the time.
As I've mentioned before I star 99% of my days with oatmeal and when I'm at home and have more time to do it, I eat steel cuts outs. If I've had a workout before breakfast I'll add Whey protein powder to my oatmeal, if I haven't squeezed a work out in yet I'll add home honey and flax seed or meal.

Today the boys and I are headed to the zoo (GREAT workout, pushing the double stroller for a few hours). So I am packing our picnic lunch to bring along. While the zoo does have a few healthy options, it's nice to plan ahead and know exactly what we will be eating.

For me- I've assembled a quick salad of spinach and romaine lettuce, tomatoes, black beans and avocado. I'm also bringing along a packet of salmon for added protein, there aren't many beans in there.  Top it off with a little Raspberry vinaigrette and I'm all set. Delish!

Off to load the cooler. I'm not moving too quickly after the Sunday Session yesterday- yikes! The walking today should help loosen these sore muscles. Looking forward to another great sesssion soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment